Wachs Service Body VMS Valve Maintenance Skid is used in conjunction with the custom Knapheide service body. Assembled by Wachs and shipped direct to Knapheide, it is upfitted following installation of the custom service body to your furnished chassis cab.
The Service Body VMS Skid, Gas is equipped with a powerful Kohler 27 HP gasoline engine, matching the choice of engine in the chassis cab. It draws its fuel supply from the truck, eliminating the need for separate fueling of the SB Skid's gasoline engine. Like our other skid platforms, all Wachs valve maintenance components such as the vac system, water supply, spoils tank and HPU come preinstalled and prewired to a steel skid, ready to bolt down to the custom service body, complete with all mechanical, fluid and electrical connections to the truck chassis cab.
The Service Body Skid can be optioned with a wide range of valve exercising machines, vacuum systems with powered spoils tanks, hot water systems and more. Typical equipment includes a powerful 500 CFM-11in Hg vacuum, a 250 gal spoils tank utilizing Wachs exclusive hydraulic slide, tilt & rear discharge, with a power latching rear door. Also standard is a 2.5 GPM@3000 psi pressure washer system and 80 gallon water tank, with an optional hot water system for colder climes.
A HPU (Hydraulic Power Unit) with a HTMA Class II circuit is included, with a 10 gal reservoir, and a fan cooled heat exchanger, producing up to 8 gpm @ 2000 psi to operate the ERV-750 and optional TM-7 and accessory hand tools such as breakers. A 50 foot hydraulic hose reel and programmable arrow board and work lights round out the equipment list of this utility workhorse.
Service Body Valve Maintenance Skid VMS, Gas Features:
- Kohler 27 HP (20.1 KW) overhead cam, air cooled gasoline four stroke engine
- Wachs 750 ft/lb ERV-750 Extended Reach Valve exerciser
- Ruggedized handheld GPS controller/datalogger
- Auxiliary HTMA Class II circuit (10 gallon reservoir, fan cooled heat exchanger, continuous duty rated for 8 GPM @ 1,800 PSI)
- Positive displacement blower provides 500 CFM-11in Hg vacuum
- 250 gal spoils tank utilizing exclusive hydraulic slide, tilt & powered dump system & latching door
- 2.5 GPM@3000 PSI pressure washer with 80 gal fresh water tank
- 2-1/2in, 1-1/4in & 7/8” suction wands and one each short and long wash-down guns
- Telescoping valve key
- Bluetooth Tether Controller for valve exerciser
- Programmable arrow board and work lights
- Hydraulic hose reel
Additional options available:
- 77-414-02 Hot water heater system
Table of Contents:
- 0:00:11 Opening
- 0:01:00 Unpacking
- 0:01:45 Set-Up
- 0:03:30 Skid Features
- 0:25:05 Optional TM-7 HD Plus and Job Box
- 00:29:35 Testing
- 1:07:50 Preventive Maintenance
- 1:21:58 Service Body Features
- 1:22:25 Chassis Cab Requirements
- 1:34:15 Contacts and Resources