Wachs Utility Products Standard LX Skid ranks among our bestselling products, excelling at all the functions typically associated with a municipality or water district self-performing a valve maintenance program. It brings the same benefits as our Standard LX trailer to your organization in a different platform, with all components preinstalled and prewired to a steel skid, ready to simply bolt down to your flatbed truck.
Wachs Standard LX skid includes our class leading ERV-750 extended reach operator with a reach of 13 feet (3.96 meters) and offering a powerful 750 Ft/lbs. of torque. This is the industry “standard” for a completely upgradeable, versatile platform designed to transport all the valve maintenance and vacuum tools needed in the field. Built to withstand the rigors of years of service, it’s the perfect solution for municipalities or contractors looking for a rugged, long lasting self-contained system.
Wachs Standard LX Skid supports our industry exclusive VITALS® software that uses “No Assumptions” logic in its programming. This class leading software, developed over the last three decades, has one goal in mind - to eliminate misdirection and over-torquing of valves during operation to prevent damaging or breaking them. Comprised of both mobile and desktop modules, VITALS allows you to set torque limits and record infrastructure details including location, valve-operating direction, and torque applied.
Wachs Standard LX Skid VMS, Diesel comes complete with a wireless handheld controller with datalogger, and is powered by a long lasting Kubota 4 stoke diesel. Standard equipment includes a powerful 500 CFM-11in Hg vacuum, a 250 gal spoils tank utilizing Wachs exclusive hydraulic slide, tilt & rear discharge with a power latching rear door. Also standard is a 2.5 GPM@3000 psi pressure washer system with an 80 gallon water tank, and a HPU (Hydraulic Power Unit) with a HTMA Class II circuit, 10 gal reservoir, and a fan cooled heat exchanger, producing up to 8 gpm @ 2000 psi.
Loaded with storage and accessories, Standard LX Skid includes all the tools required for sophisticated valve maintenance programs. No more extra trips for additional equipment needed to access, locate, operate the valve, and record for maintenance and reporting. The Standard LX Skid is a single valve turner platform, meaning Wachs powerful TM-7 exerciser designed for very large or stubborn valves is not included in the standard configuration.
Standard LX (Diesel) - VMS Valve Maintenance Skid with a single valve turner includes:
- Kubota 1.1L, I-3 4-stroke liquid cooled twin cylinder (EPA Tier 4F & EU Stage IIIA emission compliant)
- Wachs 750 Ft/lb Extended Reach Valve ERV-750 operator
- Ruggedized handheld GPS controller/datalogger
- Auxiliary HTMA Class II circuit (10 gallon reservoir, fan cooled heat exchanger, continuous duty rated for 8 GPM @ 1,800 PSI)
- Positive displacement blower provides 500 CFM-11in Hg vacuum
- 250 gal spoils tank utilizing exclusive hydraulic slide, tilt & powered dump system & latching door
- 2.5 GPM@3000 PSI pressure washer with 80 gal fresh water tank
- 2-1/2in, 1-1/4in & 7/8” suction wands and one each short and long wash-down guns
- Telescoping valve key
- Bluetooth Tether Controller for valve exerciser
- Programmable arrow board and work lights
- Hydraulic hose reel
Table of Contents:
- 0:00:11 Opening
- 0:01:00 Unpacking
- 0:01:45 Set-Up
- 0:03:30 Skid Features
- 0:25:05 Optional TM-7 HD Plus and Job Box
- 00:29:35 Testing
- 1:07:50 Preventive Maintenance
- 1:21:58 Service Body Features
- 1:22:25 Chassis Cab Requirements
- 1:34:15 Contacts and Resources