Issue Date: 08/27/21
Approximately 120x TC-100 devices (79-422-05) produced May 2021 – through August 2021; Serial Numbers: 299368 - 303695
Beginning in May 2021, a bug in the software programming caused the Model Number “TC-100” not to be programmed as expected. 79-422-05 was programmed instead. This device model name change does not allow Vitals Mobile-TC to run. The Vitals Splash screen launches, but the application does not open further. On Vitals Mobile v3.8.0, the error message “Vitals Mobile-TC only works on TC-100” is behind the splash screen. Portion of the error window becomes visible putting the TC-100 device into landscape orientation. On Vitals Mobile-TC v 3.8.1 “Vitals Mobile-TC only works on TC-100” message appears above the splash screen. Pressing “OK” closes the Vitals Mobile-TC app.
Figure 1-Incorrect Model Number
Figure 2-Correct Model Number
Customers with the affected Serial numbers will need to run a patch to update the Model Number on their TC-100 device. Vitals Mobile-TC v 3.8.2 will also be updated to support devices with the affected Model Number discrepancy.
- Download the required patch (below)
TC-100 Model Updater
- Unzip “TC-100 Model Updater” directory and save onto the TC-100 or flash drive.
- Run “TC-100 Model Updater.exe” patch on the affected TC-100.
- Confirm administrator mode if prompted. This will require Administrator access.
- Press “Click button to update Model to TC-100”
- Restart the TC-100: Start > Power > Restart
- Verify the patch updated the Model number: Start > Device info. Model number should indicate TC-100.
- Verify Vitals Mobile-TC application runs on the affected TC-100. Start > Vitals Mobile-TC
- Update Vitals Mobile-TC. Vitals Mobile-TC > Settings > About > Check for Update. Updating Vitals Mobile-TC requires an Internet connection to validate the software signing certificate.